Kale and Leek Colcannon
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 75g butter
- 4 medium leeks, finely sliced
- 200g kale
- 800g floury potatoes e.g. King Edward, peeled
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
368 Calories (kcal)
11 (of which saturated fat)
6.5 of which sugars
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan. Add the leeks and turn over in the butter. Add a tbsp of water and season to taste.
- Let the leeks sweat for about 5 minutes over a medium heat, stirring from time to time, then add the kale. Stir everything around, add another tbsp of water and cover again. Leave to sweat for a further 10 minutes until both vegetables are soft and buttery. You might need to add a little more water half way through.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes in boiling water until just tender while the greens are sweating. Heat the milk, drain the potatoes then gradually add the milk to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Alternative suggestion: Use a bunch of spring onions instead of leeks.