Warm Salad of Bacon, Egg and Kale with Sauteed Potatoes and Mustard Dressing
Published on 30th January 2015 | By AdmiN |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 200g kale
- 300g waxy potatoes eg Estima, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 200g lardons or chopped lean British bacon
- 4 medium eggs
- For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp grain mustard
- 1/2 tbsp runny honey
651 Calories (kcals)
28 Protein (g)
54 Fat (g)
13 Of which saturated (g)
- Put the kale into a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, add salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- At the same time, cook the potatoes in another pan of simmering water until just tender.
- Drain both the kale and the potatoes.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut them into slices about 5mm thick.
- Make the dressing by simply whisking everything together. Set aside until you need it.
- Heat 3 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan
- Put the sliced potatoes and the bacon lardons in the frying pan and cook on all sides – both bacon and the potatoes should be golden.
- Season lightly and carefully toss the kale with the potatoes and bacon to heat through.
- Add most of the vinaigrette to the potato, kale and bacon mix and toss.
- Just before serving poach the eggs then divide the warm salad between four plates, top each one with a poached egg and drizzle the rest of the dressing over the eggs.
- Serve immediately.
- Alternative suggestion: Try adding rounds of black pudding for something more substantial, or chorizo for a Spanish flavour.
15th May 2017 |
12th April 2017 |